This Was an Ingenious response to DYCD Thanks A for phrasing my talking points more eloquently than I could

Dear Bill Chong, Daniel Symon, Jeanne Mulgrave and Susan Haskell,

Thanks for your form letter.

However, it does not answer my concerns.

By ending services specifically directed to LGBTQ youth, who as you know are a large percentage of homeless youth in the city, you leave them vulnerable to verbal, physical and sexual assault, as well as theft, in homeless centers where they will be scapegoated by heterosexual youth. We all know this is the truth. Why pretend otherwise?

The result will be increased drug use, suicide, prostitution, and HIV infection—that too is something we all know.

The costs to the City will ultimately be greater than those saved by not funding safe havens for queer youth.

And the City will have participated in causing great suffering that could be alleviated.

I hate to think that my tax dollars are promoting prostitution, violence and HIV infection in New York City. I am sure you feel the same way.

Yours truly,
A B
Share/Bookmark

No comments: